• Amber Free has joined Regions Mortgage as a mortgage loan originator. Free brings with her a decade-long and diverse experience in the local real estate industry. She may be reached by phone at 795- 2624 or by email at amber. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Margaritaville Resort Casino was named Best Overall Property winner in the Mid-South Region in Southern Gaming & Destination Magazine’s 2015 Readers’ Choice Awards. This year Margaritaville Resort Casino brings home first-place awards in eight categories in The Best of the Mid-South Gaming Awards for Best Overall Property, Best Casino Floor, Best Restaurant, Best Theme, Best Amenities, Best Entertainment, Best Entertainment Venue, and Best Customer Service. Margaritaville Resort Casino also placed in six additional categories, including second place in Best New/Renovated Casino, Best Rooms, Best Nightlife and Best Casino Personnel.
• Rachel Clampitt, a Centenary College student, has been named the Selber Intern in museum management following her semester-long internship helping prepare Jean Despujols World War I trench sketches for an exhibit that will open at Centenary’s Meadows Museum of Art in November. The $3,000 internship award is given in memory of longtime Meadows supporter Peggy Selber.
• Shreveport-based Palmer Petroleum announced William Downs has been named president of the company. Downs takes over from longtime Palmer Petroleum President John Palmer, who will still play an active role with the company. Downs said he sees unlimited opportunities for Palmer Petroleum, which has a deep history of successful oil and gas exploration programs and a name that is recognized throughout the industry. He said downturns in the oil and gas market provide opportunities for a company like Palmer Petroleum.
• Citizens National Bank has earned a Top 15th percentile rating of Community Banks by Seifried & Brew in their annual rankings. Siefred & Brew is a respected firm with expertise in national and regional economic perspectives. They specialize in community financial institutions with industry-wide influence on strategic planning, risk management, asset liability management, capital planning, financial trending, investment portfolio review, and conflict resolution. Citizens National Bank has been recognized by American Banker as one of the “Top 200” Community Banks in the nation for the past seven years.
• Earlier this year, Loyola College Prep senior Ben Maxey scored a 36 on the ACT and now junior Jonathan Li has done the same. Li is Loyola’s Key Club President and was a member of the school’s Science Bowl team that placed second in the state. Of the more than 1.9 million U.S. students who took the ACT last year, less than one-tenth of one percent scored a perfect 36. Similarly, in Louisiana, only 21 out of 49,178 earned a perfect score.