Serving Up Dining Fun
Evergreen’s Celebrity Waiter Dinner (CWD) has gone virtual!
CWD is a much-loved fundraiser in the greater North Louisiana area.
Concerns for safety and the ban on mass gatherings due to COVID-19 have affected Evergreen’s 2020 in-person fundraising events; but their mission to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities is more important than ever. Luckily, we can still support our most vulnerable community members.
For 11 years, CWD has been at a large venue where “celebrity” waiters compete against each other for tips. Each year has a theme, and each waiter decorates their table to match the theme. This year’s theme is Around the World with Evergreen: A Passport to Better Lives. The irony of a traveling theme does not escape us!
As in years past, celebrity waiters and attendees can make a difference. Here’s why you should not miss out:
• Virtual waiters and table hosts raising $500 or more in tips before or during the event will be entered for a chance to win a GoPro action camera.
• Score great deals on sports memorabilia, jewelry, trips and more in our online auction.
• Submit pictures of you and your guests for our website and social media pages.
• Participate in the best-decorated or bestdressed theme for a chance to win a prize.
• Join us for a cocktail and mocktail demonstration and musical entertainment for the social hour at 6 p.m.
• Event sponsors enjoy a catered dinner provided by Evergreen.
Tickets can be purchased up to the day of the event. Sponsorships are available until June 23. The online auction will go live June 18 to allow supporters to participate even if not attending the virtual event.
For tickets or sponsorship information, visit https://evergreenls.org/cwd/ or contact Cathey Crow at (318) 529-8264.