On the Scene
This year's festivities for Wine Country Bistro's wine festival, Wine and Swine, again spilled out of the restaurant into the parking lot with several hundred people attending. More than 60 wines were poured, multiple food stations featured various forms of tasty swine offerings, and Easy Money provided entertainment. A new feature at this year's festival was Champagne Charlie's Bubble Bar, which was formerly a horse trailer that has been transformed into a mobile champagne bar.
– Mark Crawford
Wine and Swine
1) Chris Jay and Sarah Hebert
2) Christine Tharpe and Camille Tharpe
3) Jason and Beth Brady
4) Marcus and Jabrina Edwards, Jerry Edwards
5) Tara John, Crystal Tuey
6) Tracie Booras and Ginger Collier
Robby Mayence celebrated his 34th in high spirits with family and friends at a gathering arranged by Michelle- White Lafi tte at her new downtown eatery, Proud Mary 360. Cassandra “Chef J” Johnson provided an abundance of mouth-watering Creole cuisine and served it up in style in the venue’s Green Room.
Robby Mayence B’day
7) Robby Mayence, Bob Mayence and Vicki Mayence.
8) Stephanie Marsh, Robby Mayence and Michelle White-Lafitte
9) Dave and Jennifer Marsh, Stephanie Marsh and Beverly Kruise
10) Brant Bennett, Michele Boswell, Robby Mayence and Michael Mayence
The Food Bank’s Empty Bowls annual hunger awareness fund-raiser was held at El Dorado on June 7. Dinner and a silent auction are a part of the event, during which attendees receive hand-painted ceramic bowls of their choice when they check in. These bowls serve as a reminder of empty bowls in the community that do not get fi lled.
– Mary Ann Van Osdell
11) Brandy Watts, Diane Curry, Tammy Tabor
12) Julie Blewer and Lamar Pugh
13) Linda Moore and Nina Day
14) Gene and Donna Haynes
To be included in OTS, e-mail your high-res photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or: Editor at The Forum, 1158 Texas Ave., Shreveport, LA 71101. Must include a daytime phone number. Or, contact Mary Ann Van Osdell at email@example.com or Mark Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org for coverage.