On the Scene
The Gingerbread House Child Advocacy Center hosted their annual Partners in Prevention fundraiser luncheon on Nov. 4 at Sam’s Town Casino and Hotel. The luncheon featured guest speaker Erin Merryn, a childhood sexual abuse survivor and the founder of Erin’s Law. The luncheon also hosted a raffle of more than 50 items passed out throughout the event, including an autographed Dallas Cowboys jersey from Dak Prescott. Since opening its doors in 1998, The Gingerbread House has served 13,040 child abuse victims through forensic interviews, multidisciplinary team investigations and family advocacy.
– Mark Crawford
The Gingerbread House Child Advocacy Center
1) Richea and Mike Corbin
2) Kaylynn Craig, Caroline Marsten
3) Amanda Pippen, Morris Nichols
4) Patrick Kirton, Tommy Roberts, April Eskew
5) Jessica Miller, Erin Merryn, Julianna Parks, Waynette Ballengee
6) Jennifer Burke, Cindy Rogers
7) Taylor Hockenberry, Kim Bradford, Lacy Power, Daniel Dugan, Sherry King, Brian Graham
8) Front Row: Carly Parks, Jill Butler, Macy and Teri Flash, Amy Talley. Back Row: Trey and Tina Tomasek
The Tiffany Strong Scholarship Foundation hosted a Monster Mash-themed fundraising event in the Paradise Theatre at Margaritaville Resort Casino Oct. 23. The event featured a costume contest and great live music from Ambush. Money raised at the event is for scholarships for Bossier Parish graduating seniors attending a Louisiana college, university or technical school.
The Tiffany Strong Scholarship Foundation
1) Kimberly Rogers, Sarah Bruce, Hillary Stricker, Renee Mobley Counts, Mike Gallagher
2) Heather and Eric Vandiver
3) Randy and Tracy James
4) Michael and Amy Ostendorff
5) Holly Lim, Corey Pippenger, McKinley Pippenger
6) Laura Alvis, David and Bridget Bushnell, Apryl Knowles
To be included in OTS, e-mail your high-res photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Editor at 318 Forum,1158 Texas Ave., Shreveport, LA 71101. Must include a daytime phone number. Or, contact Mary Ann Van Osdell at email@example.com or Mark Crawford at markcrawford1@aol. com for coverage.