On the Scene
Shreveport Green hosted Feast 2019 at Provenance’s clubhouse in June. This is Shreveport Green’s seventh year presenting this farm-to-table event, featuring local produce and other locally sourced fares along with six local chefs who created a five-course dinner with accompanying wines. Some of the chefs included Jason Brady, Anthony Felan and Melissa Brannan. Live music was provided by The Slippery Slope. – Mark Crawford
Shreveport Green Feast
1) Bill McGill, Amy Quinn, Janey and David Macey
2) Larry and Anne Raymond
3) LeVette Fuller, Emily Burford
4) Melissa Kiser, Sarah Garrett, Allison Marlar
5) Len Ciaravella, Donna Curtis, Anne Ridley
King Jerry Lawler’s Memphis BBQ Co. held its ribbon-cutting with the Bossier Chamber of Commerce in late June. World-champion wrestler and WWE announcer “King” Jerry Lawler was on hand to meet fans and sign autographs. The long line indicated the enthusiasm for the icon and his signature BBQ. Dignitaries and VIPs were on hand to congratulate the owner of the Benton location, Michael Pierce. – Staff
King Jerry Lawler’s Memphis BBQ Opening
6) Owner Michael Pierce, Jerry Lawler and Benton Mayor Shelly Horton Jr.
7) Jimmy, Kelly and Ethan Silvio with Melody Silvio
8) “The King” Jerry Lawler signing autographs
9) John Barr, Steve Stewart and Benton Mayor Shelly Horton Jr.
On May 9, as part of Goodwill Industries Week, Goodwill hosted its Annual “Power of Work” Luncheon at Eldorado Casino Resort to honor their employees and community volunteers who went above and beyond during 2018, and to highlight the economic impact of the organization on the community.
Goodwill Annual Meeting
10) Power of Work keynote speaker Larry Brandon
11) Gloria Washington, Goodwill board president, and David Tinkis, Goodwill president & CEO
12) Paige Hoffpauir, Good Champion Award Winner; David Tinkis, Goodwill president & CEO
To be included in OTS, e-mail your high-res photos to email@example.com or: Editor at The Forum, 1158 Texas Ave., Shreveport, LA 71101. Must include a daytime phone number. Or, contact Mary Ann Van Osdell at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Crawford at email@example.com for coverage.